State of the Association
As we turn the page on what has been a very challenging year, we can be very proud of how our chapter was able to persevere in the face of adversity. There are many accomplishments to share:
- Our Cutting Edge educational event was held virtually and was both well attended and received
- This year’s annual golf fundraiser had the most participants out of its 11 year history
- Virtual NARI nights were held over the spring and summer, during which funds were raised to help Sunshine on A Ranney Day
- We were able to hold two in person NARI nights during the fall
- We dedicated a section of our website to information for helping our members navigate the pandemic
- We honored 15 company members with a total of 34 Contractor of the Year Awards
- Membership remained strong
- We are emerging from the pandemic in a financially strong position
None of the above could not have been done without a dedicated Executive Director and Board of Directors. I cannot thank them enough for all that they did. We are set to thrive in 2021. As 2020 comes to a close, we can thankfully look forward to things getting back to normal as vaccine distribution begins and our country starts to get a hold on managing this awful virus.
I am also excited to announce that the chapter has recently approved the formation of NARI Cares which will be our charitable foundation. NARI Cares will be dedicated to providing assistance to those who need a helping hand with their homes. This will be an excellent way for NARI to give back to the communities we serve and let the public know what we are all about. NARI Cares is still just getting off the ground and there will be more to report later as it begins to take shape.
We will also be looking to make our chapter younger and more diverse in order to better reflect our community. There will be active outreach to attract students from local trade schools and other trade organizations in the metro area. We hope to increase our membership and the opportunities we are able to offer.
I am looking forward to an exciting 2021 and I look forward to seeing our members in person sometime this spring, when it is safe for us to gather in friendship.
2021 President, NARI Atlanta