Deconstruction & Donations Associate
Position: Deconstruction & Donations Associate
We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our team and help us make a difference as a Deconstruction & Donations Associate. This person will support LBC’s Material Donation and Deconstruction efforts and work with the associated teams to accomplish these mission-critical programs.
Reports to: Donations & Field Operations Manager
Job Position Type: Full- or Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $15 – 18 per hour plus opportunities for bonus pay
Primary Duties Include:
- Provides great service to our customers and donors through safe and effective material handling and processing of donations, purchases, and deconstructed material
- Promptly, safely, and carefully dismantle installed building materials from both occupied and unoccupied residential and commercial sites.
- Load and unload building material donations from deconstruction projects and building material pick-ups from residential, commercial, retail, film, and nonprofit sites at the LBC warehouse.
- Assist with the LBC’s Reuse Center retail services as needed
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate Include:
- Some construction experience is preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, change oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and undertake several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including Saturdays
- A passion for and willingness to learn about sustainability, green building practices, deconstruction and building material reuse
What We Offer:
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits package
- Retirement plan
- Training/certification in forklift operation and OSHA-10
- Casual and friendly work environment
How to Apply:
Apply on Indeed.com with a resume or summary of your qualifications. You can also stop by our location at: 1116 Murphy Avenue SW, Atlanta, Ga 30310 to fill out an application.
Lifecycle Building Center is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, creed, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atlanta, GA 30310: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
About the Company: Lifecycle Building Center (LBC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating community wealth and opportunity by capturing usable building materials from the waste stream and putting them back into use in our community. We believe that tapping into this resource helps communities become more resilient and creates impactful, rewarding job opportunities.