Donations & Field Operations Manager
POSITION: Donations and Field Operations Manager
The Donation and Field Operations Manager is responsible for leading the LBC Material Donation and Deconstruction efforts and the associated teams to accomplish these mission-critical programs. This is a critical and transformative position that supports LBC’s growth and its impact on material reuse in the region. This position is responsible for all aspects of Donation Pickups, Donation Drop-offs, and Deconstruction Services, including planning for and expanding upon LBC’s Material Donations and Deconstruction Services business through servicing existing donors and establishing relationships with new donors.
- With support from Executive Director and Director of Operations, maintain relationships with current donors and continually establish relationships with new donors by utilizing various prospecting methods, including attendance at outreach events.
- With support from Director of Operations, responsible for developing and maintaining all processes and documents that comprise the policies and procedures for the department and works closely with Reuse Innovation & Training Coordinator to improve deconstruction and donation pickup processes.
- Work alongside the Director of Operations, Warehouse & Inventory Manager, and Sales & Personnel Manager to increase the number of successful Nonprofit Material MATCH Program application awards by securing prospective material donors with nonprofits in need of material donations.
- Manage & oversee accurate assessment and documentation of potential deconstruction projects and material donation pickups.
- Communicates project expectations to clients, including maintenance of project contract templates and securing certificates of insurance to minimize risk prior to commencement of all projects.
- Oversee and manage material donations and deconstruction projects, including, as necessary, on-site support activities, with support from Deconstruction & Donations Coordinator.
- Works closely with Director of Operations to ensure compliance with safety standards and accident procedures.
- Works closely with Reuse Innovation & Training Coordinator to develop and provide on-site crew training to staff, temporary labor, workforce development partners, and long-term volunteers on topics of deconstruction and donation pickup methods, site safety, environmental hazards, material handling, material moving equipment, the safe use of hand and power tools, and ensuring damage-free removal and conveyance of items salvaged.
- Manage the Deconstruction & Donations Coordinator, Deconstruction staff, contractors, and volunteers at worksite.
- Oversee timely project wrap-up and production of itemized list of items salvaged and priced value, donor thank you & receipt, volunteer & LBC staff thank you (e.g. personal thank-you notes to material donors)
- Track and analyze sources and leads, results (valuation) of all material donations (pickups and drop-offs) and deconstructions completed, as well as projections for future donation pickups and deconstructions.
- Ethical leadership with consistently high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Solid presentation and public speaking skills
- Possesses genuine enjoyment of the overall salvage process.
- Knowledge of basic construction tools, materials, and methods
- Adaptability demonstrated through quick, sound, and positive decision making in rapidly changing conditions
- Ability to self-motivate, strategize and secure deconstruction projects.
- A passion for and willingness to learn about sustainability, green building practices, deconstruction and building material reuse.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with attention to detail, ability to work under pressure.
- Customer service-oriented with a high level of confidence in communicating with diverse constituencies.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Experience in the use of software programs such as Google Drive, Dropbox, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Familiarity with Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, change oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and undertake several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends
- Must be willing to serve all individuals equally and support the success of all fellow employees regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity and/or sexual orientation
- Willingness to perform other duties, as assigned
COMPENSATION: 75k + benefits; PTO.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Life Cycle Building Center (LBC) captures building materials heading to landfills and directs them back into the community through reuse. They resell the materials at deep discounts to primarily Southwest/Westside Atlanta residents near their industrial warehouse facility and donate free materials to other nonprofits. Since 2011, the organization has diverted 9.6M pounds of material from area landfills and generated $4.3M in community savings, including over 350 material grants to 240+ nonprofits.
CONTACT: Joanne Hubert with Innovative Outsourcing; firstname.lastname@example.org